Juicy Smoked Chickpea Burger
- 15 oz. Chickpeas
- Half Cup Rolled Oats (gluten free if needed)
- 3 TBSP BBQ Sauce
- ½ Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 Small Zucchini, Grated and dried well
- ½ Small Carrot, Grated
- About 1 tsp each: Salt, Cumin, Smoked Paprika
- Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
what to do:
1) If using canned beans, drain and rinse well. Mash coarsely in a bowl with a fork.
2) Add the rest of your ingredients and seasonings and mix very well. Your mixture should not be too wet, but wet enough to form.
3) Shape the patties in your hand and lightly brown in heated fry pan.
4) Serve as a plain patty, or put in a bun (gluten free if needed) and top with your favourite burger toppings. Enjoy!