muffins!! one of the snacks or desserts preferred by many. and many options really caloric and high in sugars, carbohydrates and fats, nothing healthy. i give you one of my favorite recipes. so you can eat muffins without guilt and enjoy a real and delicious pleasure
- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup (42g) cocoa powder (Unsweetened)
- 1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee Powder
- 1 cup (240ml) vegan buttermilk or coconut oil
- 2 tsp vainilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60g) Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (175g) Vegan Chocolate Chips and Chunks (Mixed), plus more to place on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray a muffin tray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda, salt and instant coffee powder.
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk by adding 1 Tbsp lemon juice to a measuring jug and then adding soy milk up to the 1 cup (240ml) line. Allow it to curdle. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add in the vanilla, melted coconut oil, applesauce and vinegar and stir into a thick batter.
- Add in the chocolate chips and chunks and fold in.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin partitions and then add a few more chocolate chips and chunks to the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean (melted chocolate is fine but wet batter is not).
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin (of 12)
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 19.1g
- Sodium: 232mg
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated Fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrates: 38.5g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 4.6g