commercial cookies are usually loaded with sugar or some strange and unnecessary ingredient, caloric and not at all nutritious. why eat something like that? when you can make something delicious and load it with love too.
- 2/3 cup unrefined organic coconut oil softened (but not liquid)
- 1/2 (o less )cup pure organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic oat flour
- 2 cups organic almond flour
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup almonds chopped
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. In a small bowl, sift together the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder and sea salt. Add the flour mixture to the coconut oil mixture and stir well until combined. Note that the mixture will seem quite dry as you start mixing, however it will come together.
- Using a 3 tbsp scoop, portion the dough onto the prepared baking sheet allowing 2″ between each dough ball. Then, gently flatten each ball with the palm of your hand so they are approx 1/2″ thick and sprinkle each cookie with the chopped almonds. Gently press the almonds pieces into each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 13-15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition FactsVegan Gluten-Free Almond Cookies Amount Per Serving Calories: 232Calories …….. from Fat….. 153%
Daily Value*Fat 17g……26% / Saturated Fat 9g…… 56% / Sodium 76mg……….3% / Potassium 115mg …….. 3% / Carbohydrates 17g……..6% / Fiber 2g…….8% / Sugar 7g …….8% / Protein 5g………10% / Calcium 68mg……… 7% / Iron 1mg ……..6%*
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. This is an approximation of the nutrition offered in this recipe, and is created using a nutrition calculator. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee accuracy. If your health depends on nutrition information, please calculate again with your preferred calculator.