this is my favorite recipe, for movie nights or a last minute meeting at home… easy, fast and delicious. you just need chips or toasted pita to go with it.
10 oz spinach or frozen spinach (285 g), thawed and squeezed out of any liquid
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp flour, I used brown rice flour
8 oz vegan cream cheese (225 g)
1/4 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (65 ml), I used soy milk
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
– Heat some oil in a skillet (if you don’t consume oil, just use some water or vegetable stock instead), add the garlic and onion and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
– Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
– Add the vegan cream cheese and cook until it’s completely melted.
– Finally, add the rest of the ingredients (spinach, milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper), stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
– Serve immediately in a skillet or a bowl with toasted bread slices (gluten-free if needed), crackers, tortilla chips, crudités or whatever you want.
– Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
serving size: 1/4 of the recipe / calories: 221 / sugar: 1g / sodium: 428 mg / fat: 17.8 g / saturated fat: 8.6 g / carbohydrates: 9.5 g / fiber: 3.1 g / protein: 6.7 g