Vegan banana bundt cake
Banana bread and a cake that looks beautiful enough to serve at a party, this vegan banana bundt cake is definitely a recipe worth trying.
- 7 dates
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp veggie milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup + 4 tsp neutral vegetable oil
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, plus more for topping
- To make the Date Caramel: In a small saucepan, place dates with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the dates and rinse with cold water. Peel the skin off of the dates and remove pits.
- Chop and place in a high-speed blender with maple syrup, water, salt, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- To make the Banana Bundt Cake: Grease a standard bundt pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together brown sugar, nondairy milk, apple cider vinegar, oil, bananas, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Be sure not to over-mix. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Pour cake mixture into the bundt pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Spoon date caramel over the top of the bundt cake and sprinkle with more chopped pecans.