One of the most dramatic changes for some, is just those meat products… so my stew recipes will start with this nutritious and vibrant option; try it and tell me what you think.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes canned or fresh
- 2 cans (15 oz each) chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until the onions begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves, ginger, ground coriander, coriander seeds, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and tomatoes.
- Spread the chickpeas in the bottom of a crockpot (slow cooker). Pour the tomato mixture over the chickpeas and stir well.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the spinach and parsley.
- Serve as a side dish or over rice as an entrée.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 295.1kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.7g | Protein: 10.7g | Fat: 6.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Sodium: 987.3mg | Fiber: 11.1g | Sugar: 7.7g